What's the oldest photo you own?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by 480sparky, Dec 31, 2015.

1. 480sparky

480sparky FF Regular

Nov 20, 2015
    Ken
    What is the oldest photo you have in your possession? Not one you have downloaded from a website. One you have taken, or one that has been in the family.

For me, it's a class photo of my grandfather. Born in 1903, he appears about 12 or 14 in this image (3rd from left, in back, behind the girl). So that would make the image from 1915-1917.

2015-12-31%2013.49.41.

• Like Like x 3
  2. I have a large box of old family photos. Unfortunately, except for those of my parents and sisters, I can't identify most of them, and there is no-one still alive who can. It's kind of sad, so if you have pictures like these, try to get them identified before it's too late.

I really like this picture. You can ask so many questions. First, of course: Who is this well dressed guy? Why is he standing by that piece of wall? Is the man in the buggy waiting for him?

Manwithbuggy.

I'd like to meet this man. He looks like a real character:

Character.

This one I can identify. It's my father. He was born in 1903, and I'd guess he is in his mid-twenties here, so the picture would be from the late 1920s. He looks a bit like a gangster, but was actually an accountant.

Dad.

BV

• Like Like x 2