What film photography related item did you buy this week?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by José, Dec 17, 2016.

1. José

José FF Regular Subscribing Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Copying a thread from a sister site ;)

This week I bought a SMC Pentax 67 55mm f/4. Already have the SMC Pentax 67 105mm f/2.4. I'm just missing a Pentax 67 :rolleyes:

2. RichardB

RichardB Super Moderator

Mar 23, 2015
    Maryland, US
    You'll have quite a kit when you get that body! :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  3. MoonMind

MoonMind FF Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Switzerland
    Matt
    A Pentacon Six TL in very good nick with Biometar 80mm f/2.8, Flektogon 50mm f/4 and a Schneider Xenar 135mm f/3.5 on a bellows. The camera is actually quite comfortable to hold and shoot - but we'll see how I click with the lenses (I bought the set for a very good price - and may or may not find a use for the 135mm; I'm looking forward to using the 50mm, though - extremely so, in fact).

M.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bought some distilled water to mix chemicals, does this count?

BV

• Like Like x 1
  5. MoonMind

Mar 24, 2015
    Switzerland
    Matt
    I know it looks crazy, as I wasn't planning on buying anything any time soon after acquiring the Pentacon Six, but I cam across my actual dream camera with one of my actual dream lenses mounted; here goes:
    full.

Which means that I'm now on the hunt for a 35mm M mount lens :/

On the other hand, my desire for a Leica M is - gone ... Feels good.

M.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Congratulations on a dream come true. My ZM is probably my most pleasant camera to use. My dream is to have it's viewfinder put into my M9!

B

• Like Like x 1
  7. José

Mar 25, 2015
    @MoonMind@MoonMind wow Matt, that is a great buy. Enjoy and show us the results! :thumbup:

8. MoonMind

Mar 24, 2015
    Switzerland
    Matt
    Working on it - first roll started today, but conditions were very unfavourable (wind, cold, fading light). Will try again tomorrow, in a more focused way.

M.

9. José

Mar 25, 2015
    A nice Fujifilm Zoom Date 2.8 aka "Silvi":
    P1240253-XL.

• Like Like x 2
  10. phigmov

phigmov FF Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 23, 2015
    Pen F (beside my E-P1)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. MoonMind

Mar 24, 2015
    Switzerland
    Matt
    @phigmov@phigmov The image doesn't display in my browser; I know what one looks like, though - have an FT :)

M.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  12. José

Mar 25, 2015
    So... I was looking for a 645 with interchangeable backs. Bronica or Mamyia. Here it is:

IMG_5278-X2.

MLU version, in great condition.

• Like Like x 3
  13. tonyturley

tonyturley FF Veteran

Mar 24, 2015
    Tony
    Sweet, but my arms are aching just thinking of carrying that. OTOH, MF film is gorgeous. I still sometimes flirt with the idea of buying another Mamiya 1000S.

• Like Like x 1
  14. RichardB

RichardB Super Moderator

Mar 23, 2015
    Maryland, US
    Medium format reversal film:
    P2021086a.
    Three rolls of Velvia 50, five rolls of Velvia 100, and five rolls of extinct-in-the-wild Provia 400X. They are all expired but they have supposedly been kept cold. The freezer compartment of my bar fridge is now my film vault.

• Like Like x 4
  15. tonyturley

tonyturley FF Veteran

Mar 24, 2015
    Tony
    Not fully film, but I did get a mint condition RMC Tokina 17mm f/3.5 in K mount. It's presently attached to my X-T1, but I plan to use it with my Pentax MX, too.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Digisix2 Light Meter. My old Sekonic was acting up, and for some reason got worse after I fixed it. Anyway, I like light meters, they seem sort of cheerful to me.

Digisix2.

• Like Like x 4
  17. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy FF Regular

Feb 4, 2017
    Martin Connolly
    A roll of Agfa Vista :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. MoonMind

Mar 24, 2015
    Switzerland
    Matt
    I was much more enthusiastic :)

Here's a full list, because it's fun, but it also shows what I'm up to:
    - A late, non-radioactive Pentacon Biometar 80mm f/2.8 MC (multi-coated) - my current lens isn't just emitting, but also slightly damaged (the rear element has a visible mark in the centre).
    - An eyecup for the Pentacon Six standard prism
    - A TTL prism for Kiev 60, adaptable to Pentacon Six - got a very good deal on that one :D
    - the adapter for the Kiev prism
    - the battery adapter and correction lens for the Kiev prism - may not be necessary, but both pieces are cheap enough
    - body cap and lens rear caps for Pentacon Six and lenses
    oh, and
    - a Leica Elmar 50mm f/2.8 (the last collapsable model that was produced)

The Pentacon Six setup is more or less complete (though I may get an additional body because there's a couple of them available for little money). As for the M setup, I might get a 28mm at some point in time, but no rush. The Elmar makes an already small kit sublimely slim and most probably pocketable (the ZM actually fits into a large-ish jacket pocket with the Voigtländer 35mm attached, but the bulge is a bit too big for my liking; the body alone is fine).

M.

• Like Like x 2
  19. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy FF Regular

Feb 4, 2017
    Martin Connolly
    I've just bought a Minolta Dynax 5 with 28-80 lens for £12 on eBay. Should be fun!

• Like Like x 5
  20. MoonMind

Mar 24, 2015
    Switzerland
    Matt
    It's getting hilarious. Word of my camera fixation has gone around. A friend of my father's insisted on selling me *his* dad's camera. I couldn't refuse - so now also own a Voigtländer Vitessa (II); it's the cheaper model with the 50mm f/3.5 Color-Skopar - but what an intriguing camera. I'll get into this a bit more once I've shot a roll with it ...

EDIT: Some imagery (click for bigger versions):
    1298-e7efac7f56c8cda6d871d8ce32ad8235. 1299-0f54250c85b0ef7785ca4330c27744ce.
    The "snorkel" is actually the spring-driven fast film advance mechanism - not elegant, but very functional. The camera is extremely quick to deploy, has a coupled rangefinder with a decently bright viewfinder and a symmetric folding mechanism ("barn doors"). Peculiar, but quite compelling in use - very sturdily build and well thought out.

M.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1