This is an awesome film/ developer chart?

Discussion in 'Film Developing / Chemistry' started by kennethcooke, May 31, 2017.

1. kennethcooke

kennethcooke FF Veteran

May 30, 2017
    Leeds, WestRiding, UK
    Covers virtually all film/ dev combinations, used it a few years and always found it to be dead accurate, albeit, I now mainly standardise on Rodinal Developer as it is so flexible and ages so well. The bottle I have at present must be 5 years old and shows no signs of dating. Most of my film/ chemicals and paper stock is way out of date, and everything works just fine so don't throw anything away?

B&W Film Developing Times | The Massive Dev Chart

2. Jim

Jim FF Regular

Apr 2, 2017
    Newark, DE
    +1 on the Massice Development chart. It's also got a handy time/temperature converter for developing times so you can process at ambient temperature (within reason) by adjusting the times accordingly.

3. kennethcooke

kennethcooke FF Veteran

May 30, 2017
    Leeds, WestRiding, UK
    I hadn't noticed that Jim, I'll take a look. How is getting back into photography going with you?

4. Jim

Jim FF Regular

Apr 2, 2017
    Newark, DE
    It's a lot of fun! While I knew the relationships between ISO, aperture, and shutter speed, I forgotten the "feel" of them. Re-discovering that is fun. Now that I'm processing as well, there's a whole new dimension. I stumbled across an old Voigtlander Perkeo folder and I'm going to play with that next. It's a bit like being a kid all over again!

5. Jim

Jim FF Regular

Apr 2, 2017
    Newark, DE
    Here's a shot using Ultrafine Xtreme film at ISO 400, processed at 21C using Sprint Standard developer (1:9) for 8 minutes, 50 seconds on a Jobo. Ultrafine009.

6. kennethcooke

kennethcooke FF Veteran

May 30, 2017
    Leeds, WestRiding, UK
    Beautiful Jim, you seem right back in the groove if this is anything to go by?

7. Jim

Jim FF Regular

Apr 2, 2017
    Newark, DE
    Thanks, but I didn't show all the ugly images I captured before this one! Still, I'm happy to have the opportunity to play....