Showcase Polaroid SX 70 BW

Discussion in 'Black and White Film Showcase' started by Cerita, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Cerita

Cerita FF Regular

Jul 24, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    Here is the first shot, no edits made. I did use one of the flashes from the ancient flash bars that came with the camera, there is a lamp above this machine, so maybe I didn't need the flash. First shot from a new to me camera and first box of the new film. I'm impressed!

cerita-4.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Cerita

Cerita FF Regular

Jul 24, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    Another shot, this was taken from indoors behind dusty glass (it's -29 outside), using manual focus on the SX70. There a some problems with this image, the Newton rings are inevitable as I haven't got a holder to prevent this. The top left has a spot that seems to appear in all the images I shoot, might be dust on the lens? I am waiting for the weather to let up so I can take some shots outdoors. On some other shots there is horizontal banding, not sure if it's the film or the rollers need a cleaning.

IG-008.

3. Cerita

Cerita FF Regular

Jul 24, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    Here are a few others, missed focus, horizontal banding, and you can see in one of them there is a streak on the left. These have been scanned with a Snapscan scanner, seems Newton rings are not an issue. The first one was shot using the last flash on the flash bar.

polaroidscans003.

polaroidscans004.

• Like Like x 2
  4. phigmov

phigmov FF Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 23, 2015
    If you haven't already seen/heard of or got a copy, you might really enjoy Andre Kertesz' book of Polaroids - article & sample pics André Kertész: The Polaroids

“Taken in his apartment just north of New York City’s Washington Square, many of these photographs were shot either from his window or in the windowsill. We see a fertile mind at work, combining personal objects into striking still lifes set against cityscape backgrounds, reflected and transformed in glass surfaces. Almost entirely unpublished work, these photographs are a testament to the genius of the photographer’s eye as manifested in the simple Polaroid. 80 color photographs.”

Took these after his wife died in '77 & he got an SX-70.

The book itself is worth buying, its one of the little Phaidon ones not much bigger than a polaroid print itself (roughly 6x7).

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Cerita

Cerita FF Regular

Jul 24, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    Thank you, I will.