OM-4T on the way

Discussion in '35mm Cameras' started by Amin Sabet, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Mar 22, 2015
    Amin Sabet
    My favorite film camera was an OM-2n. Made the mistake of selling it some years ago after getting a Nikon FM2n that I never really bonded with.

So, I've ordered an Exc+ OM-4T (black) from KEH, due for delivery tomorrow. Can't wait! Also re-purchased one of my favorite lenses, the Zuiko OM 40mm f/2. Never should have sold that either :rolleyes:.

• Like Like x 3
  2. trisberg

trisberg FF Regular

Mar 24, 2015
    Thomas Risberg
    That 40mm was a sweet little lens, wish I still had mine. My current OM-2N died recently (shutter doesn't fire anymore) so I'm debating what to get now, another OM-2N or an OM-2S or maybe OM-4T, tough choice. I had an OM-4T years ago and really liked the light meter with multi-spot metering.

-Thomas

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Mar 22, 2015
    Amin Sabet
    I don't know if I'll use the spot metering, but I'm hoping the 4T will last a long time. KEH has a bunch of 2N and 4T in stock.

4. phigmov

phigmov FF Regular Subscribing Member

Mar 23, 2015
    I have a Champagne 4Ti - love that thing !

Just need a 3 to complete the collection - although I could never justify the price it commands.

Weirdly the 2n seems to be the thing I shoot most often with the motor-drive unit.

Make sure you get good cells - probably not a problem with the more modern 4 series but it makes a difference metering on the 1 & 2.

5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Mar 22, 2015
    Amin Sabet
    Hopefully KEH doesn't do me wrong :)

6. phigmov

phigmov FF Regular Subscribing Member

Mar 23, 2015
    A useful site for Wein cell replacements - the old Mercury 625 is no longer available and the Alkaline alternatives can lead to metering issues -

http://www.weincell.com/

• Like Like x 1
  7. trisberg

trisberg FF Regular

Mar 24, 2015
    Thomas Risberg
    The OM-2 and later all use silver oxide batteries, so it's only the OM-1 where you would have to watch out.

KEH seems to have a decent inventory and so does Adorama.

-Thomas

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. FF Regular

Mar 24, 2015
    Larry
    multispot really can nail the exposure in difficult circumstances, although I prefer to meter manually and decide myself. Still, I was impressed by the way it calculates a perfect exposure from several spot readings. It really was one of the best film cameras ever made. I don't have the T, but my first version apparently got the new circuit board, as batteries last me months.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015