Olympus 35RC

Discussion in '35mm Cameras' started by BromV, Aug 30, 2015.

1. This was my first good camera, bought in the early 70s. After 40 years it had a much needed overhaul by John Hermanson at Zuiko.com. Unfortunately John doesn't do rangefinder work anymore, but this one should be good for another 40.

35RC.

This shot of a doghouse being engulfed by an apple tree was made on Arista EDU 100 and developed in Diafine.

Doghouse.

BV

• Like Like x 3
  2. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. FF Regular

Mar 24, 2015
    Larry
    They' re great little cameras. In the end, the only one of the Olympus rangefinder series I kept was the 35SP, but I regret letting go of the RC.

Photographed sitting on that textured, translucent material, it looks like it's floating on water!

3. I've never had the chance to use a 35 SP, but they seem to be highly thought of. The picture of the 35 RC was made on the glass top of the patio table. I kind of like the water effect.

BV

• Like Like x 1
  4. eteless

eteless New to FF

Aug 30, 2015
    I have one in a cupboard somewhere, the lens is a bit scratched up however it's a good lens all the same... rangefinder infinity stop is off (it can focus past infinity, the rangefinder itself is accurate though), and it has various wear from a lot of use...

...Great little camera though :) I think mine still has half a roll of film in it... I should finish it and develop it one day.