Nishika N8000

Discussion in '35mm Cameras' started by kingsfan, Apr 25, 2015.

1. kingsfan

kingsfan FF Rookie

Mar 24, 2015
    Q
    So I was talking to my aunt last night about this Holga I was gonna go try and find at the film shop today. It was a Holga 135TIM for stereographic photos. Then she tells me she had something like that and went to her room and brought this out...

tumblr_nndj6bdSud1u3x71lo1_1280.

freakin awesome \m/

Still had the book, warranty card and even a few postage paid envelopes to send Nishika your film so they can send back lenticular prints! Gonna load it up today and post results soon.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Luke

Luke FF Rookie

Mar 24, 2015
    Luke
    once you've captured the world in 3 dimensions, regular photos seem like a joke. I played with a 50's stereo camera around 10 years ago. When I would show people the slides in the viewer they were blown away. The scenes were so lifelike that people said they felt like they could just reach and touch something in the photo.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jesse_S

Jesse_S FF Rookie

Mar 28, 2015
    I've kind of wanted one of those for awhile. I think there might be guides online to hack it so it only takes two photos instead of four. Since you won't be making lenticular photos, why waste the film? Although, I suppose you could scan four in and make a cool animated GIF!

4. RichardB

RichardB Super Moderator

Mar 23, 2015
    Maryland, US
    I knew I'd seen something like that before:

5069209165_e8abc4d53b.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kingsfan

kingsfan FF Rookie

Mar 24, 2015
    Q
    that's the plan!

6. kingsfan

kingsfan FF Rookie

Mar 24, 2015
    Q
    well got my rolls back and I scanned them... tried to make gifs with photoshop. So far it just looks like my kid is in an earthquake... Maybe I'm not lining them up correctly. Maybe the camera wasn't straight. Not sure... (the stills actually look good though!) I have one more roll to scan. Anyone got pointers before I waste some time tonight?

lil-mazzy-2.
    lil-mazzy-4.
    roof2.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jesse_S

Jesse_S FF Rookie

Mar 28, 2015
    You might try the free StereoPhoto Maker (http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/stphmkr/) it has some auto align features that worked well when I used to dabble in 3D. Don't know how it will work with 4 shots though.

Also, I don't know how you scan your photos, but I would try scanning all four as a single image and then split them up with virtual copies in Lightroom to make sure they are exactly the same size (you just move the crop section to the next frame and can flip back and forth to tweak it.) That might help your alignment.

Where did all the scratches on the negs come from? Either the camera is rough on them or your lab has some explaining to do.

• Like Like x 1
  8. kingsfan

kingsfan FF Rookie

Mar 24, 2015
    Q
    I'll check out that program, thanks! I use a Plustek and Silverfast to scan but it won't let me do all four frames at once. I'm using the same crop for each scan at least. Maybe I should make the crop a little bigger so I can align the frame better.

The scratches are definitely from Costco. Had the same thing on my last roll I sent there. But it only costs $3 and I only send the stuff from the toy cameras there so doesn't bother me that much.

9. kingsfan

kingsfan FF Rookie

Mar 24, 2015
    Q
    whoa man, what a world of difference! thanks J for the program suggestion!

boots1.
    boots2.
    lilmazzy4.
    danny.

(i suspect this thread will get bandwidth heavy, i keep em under 1mb tho!)

• Like Like x 1
  10. dwig

dwig New to FF

Mar 30, 2015
    Key West FL
    WARNING - The stuff can be addictive !

Now that you're hooked and have a decent tool to create stereo images you should check out Berezin Stereo Photo Products.

Berezin can supply your "habit" with stereo card viewers and anaglyph glasses. Both type of stereo image can be produced with this software using the outside pair of images

• Like Like x 1