My Second 'Real' Camera is Now My Latest Acquisition

Discussion in '35mm Cameras' started by 480sparky, Apr 15, 2017.

1. 480sparky

480sparky FF Regular

Nov 20, 2015
    Ken
    I started out taking photos with a Pentax K1000, and after a couple years had saved up enough money to buy my dream camera.... A Pentax MESuper. If I had a nickle for every frame of Kodachrome 25 I took with that camera, I'd be able to buy my own country.

Today, while in the local brick-n-mortar camera store, there sat this little gem in the used camera section:

ME%20Super%20HC.

I just could not pass it up.

• Like Like x 7
  2. yohan

yohan FF Regular

Mar 27, 2015
    yohan
    It's a great camera! The viewfinder is so generous on a small body. I had the non-Super version.

3. kennethcooke

kennethcooke FF Veteran

May 30, 2017
    Leeds, WestRiding, UK
    I had a Spotmatic in the early days and an LX, I believe the Pentax LX to be a much underrated camera, as is the Olympus OM3 in the Olympus range

4. johnson4096

johnson4096 FF Rookie

Aug 24, 2017
    I too have an ME Super again. It's the same model camera I had some years ago when I traded for a Canon EOS 10D DSLR. I have a 50mm f1.8, a 35mm f1.8 (which I often use with an adapter on my Sony digital), and a 28-80 zoom that is a kit lens for a Pentax AF SLR and not very good. The two primes, however, are great lenses. I really like all the M series Pentaxes for their excellent handling and very accurate metering. They are hard to beat.

I paid $25 for the whole kit, in super nice condition

5. The ME Super was on my short list back in the days , never did buy one. I think I spent my $ chasing those charming lasses. I can't remember if the camera had full manual mode .

6. JoeLopez

JoeLopez FF Regular

Jul 3, 2017
    Looks to be in excellent condition!