My OM-1

Discussion in '35mm Cameras' started by pdk42, May 2, 2015.

1. pdk42

pdk42 FF Rookie

May 1, 2015
    Paul
    They don't make them like this any more!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. jai

jai FF Regular

Apr 8, 2015
    Well, they haven't stopped trying.

3. Steve Ricoh

Steve Ricoh FF Rookie

Apr 7, 2015
    If only that was true! It seems that you only need to sneeze on an electronic camera and they throw a tantrum: bits falling off, knobs not responding... The list goes on and on. :(

4. jai

jai FF Regular

Apr 8, 2015
    Yep, I think we can safely assume nobody will be using an Olympus EM-1 30 years from now.

5. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. FF Regular

Mar 24, 2015
    Larry
    My go-to hand held camera for years. Still have an OM1 and OM4 -- along with an OM10 and shutter control. A wonderful system.

6. xxjorelxx

xxjorelxx FF Rookie

Apr 8, 2015
    MD, USA
    JohnRae
    Love this camera. I have two myself ;)

7. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. FF Regular

Mar 24, 2015
    Larry
    With everyone using proprietary batteries, it's unlikely you'll be able to find a battery for most digital cameras in 30 years.

8. kennethcooke

kennethcooke FF Veteran

May 30, 2017
    Leeds, WestRiding, UK
    Had a couple of OM2n bodies when I was climbing a lot very portable system, stunning viewfinder image via the pentaprism?

9. Jim

Jim FF Regular

Apr 2, 2017
    Newark, DE
    I always liked the HUGE viewfinder on the one I had - before it was stolen. Good camera, good system.

10. docfox

docfox FF Rookie

Jul 16, 2015
    Hatfield, PA
    George Fox Lang
    In 1973 I bought an OM-1 MD with a 50 mm f/1.8 Zuiko lens. I loved it! It was so much smaller and lighter than the Minolta SRT-201 that it replaced. I quickly added 28 mm and 135 mm Zuikos and a set of close-up rings. I found that the image centering (match between viewing screen and film) was far superior to the Minolta's and that the color and light transmission of Zuikos were tightly matched. In 1975 I replaced my OM-1 with an OM-2 - the lure of aperture priority metering was just irresistable. I added a Winder and 35 mm, 85 mm and 200 mm lenses. When this equipment was stolen during a house robbery, I marched right down to my camera store with the insurance check and bought exactly the same rig! I designed a bubble-pack-padded canvas shoulder bag to carry this gear and used it for years when I traveled or sailed. I still have this rig, although I rarely use it anymore. The lenses still see a lot of use on my Panasonic GX7 and Olympus OMD-M1.

top.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  11. kennethcooke

kennethcooke FF Veteran

May 30, 2017
    Leeds, WestRiding, UK
    Sound words, Doc, I used 0M2n's for many years as my climbing cameras? I then bought an 0M3, I preferred the totally manual facility it offered, that was, of course before I went rangefinder, Leica M which I much prefer, M6. I have just bought a Sony a7R ll, but keep it quiet here? It is fabulous and I can use my Leica M glass, still love my M6 and Rollieflex 3.5f