My life in Music 60's/ 70's

Discussion in 'Color Film Discussion' started by kennethcooke, Jun 27, 2017.

1. kennethcooke

kennethcooke FF Veteran

May 30, 2017
    Leeds, WestRiding, UK
    As well as being an active photographer, mainly working in 35mm Reversal Film I was also active in the Folk Revival and a friend asked if I might post some images taken in that era?

My Music Years 60's/70's

2. tonyturley

tonyturley FF Veteran

Mar 24, 2015
    Tony
    Nice. As a guitar player myself, I can appreciate the hard work and preparation that goes into getting up on stage before a crowd. I play in church most weekends, and enjoy it a lot.

3. kennethcooke

kennethcooke FF Veteran

May 30, 2017
    Leeds, WestRiding, UK
    I was semi professional during the late 60's to the 80's fronting quite a few Old Timey and Bluegrass bands as well as touring the Folk Clubs. That all came to an end in the 80's when I suffered 4 strokes which incapacitated my left hand making playing all but impossible . In 2013 my old Dobro player and long time band partner suggested I might consider buying another guitar which I did and although I am not able to gig any more it somehow gives me a link back into the music and I have many contacts who I am back in touch with, at least, those who are still alive. My right hand is waiting for my my left hand to get into gear but I think it might have a long wait? Tony

Attached Files:

4. tonyturley

tonyturley FF Veteran

Mar 24, 2015
    Tony
    Ooooh, a Martin and an old Gibson. Sweet! I have a modern Gibson, which is also a nice guitar, but doesn't have quite the same resonance as the old models.

5. kennethcooke

kennethcooke FF Veteran

May 30, 2017
    Leeds, WestRiding, UK
    The 50's D28 was the best guitar I had, Brazilian Rosewood back and sides, worth about 30K now

Attached Files:

6. tonyturley

tonyturley FF Veteran

Mar 24, 2015
    Tony
    Whoa!

They are nice and sound great, but a Martin is pretty much out of my range these days. I dug pretty deep for the Gibson I bought a couple of years or so ago.