Kodak Ektar 100 prices

Discussion in 'Color Film Discussion' started by randy, Jan 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. randy

randy FF Regular

Nov 3, 2015
    This film is great. I haven't shot any in a while, but when it first came out (I think around 2007ish), you could get a roll for around $5US. Now it's closer to $7. Why the jump in price? Also, has it always been considered a "Professional" film? I can't remember, but I thought it was being marketed as a consumer film when it came out... perhaps I'm wrong about that.

2. RichardB

RichardB Super Moderator

Mar 23, 2015
    Maryland, US
    I've only seen Kodak market Ektar as a professional film in the past couple years, and I was unaware of the product before then.

I don't know about pricing but there's an interesting site that tracks Amazon prices, and you can click here for Ektar. Amazon's oldest price was its lowest, which confirms your observation that the price has increased.

3. jwm3rdmill

jwm3rdmill New to FF

Jan 30, 2016
    I just purchased 2 5 roll packs of 120 Ektar 100 film from Adorama for $25. The site would not let me order any more than that. The site indicated it was marked down from the regular price. So it is possible to find $5 rolls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. randy

randy FF Regular

Nov 3, 2015
    120 rolls have always been a bit cheaper than 135 36exp. But that is a good deal!