Showcase Kodachrome 64

Discussion in 'Color Film Showcase' started by trisberg, Mar 24, 2015.

1. trisberg

trisberg FF Regular

Mar 24, 2015
    Thomas Risberg
    You won't be able to take new pictures with this film, but if you have old slides sitting around they are well worth scanning. I think this is my favorite slide film and produces great colors scanned.

tumblr_net2fbWamn1sv7gqgo1_1280.
    This was shot in 1974 with a Leica CL and 40mm Summicron-C.

• Like Like x 4
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  2. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. FF Regular

Mar 24, 2015
    Larry
    Kodachrome 64 was my "learn to use your meter" film -- and much more, of course. I never found an E-6 film I liked as well, though working in labs and running an E-6 line for a while, I shot a lot of E-6 because processing was free or steeply discounted. I know I've scanned some of those old Kodachromes.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  3. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. FF Regular

Mar 24, 2015
    Larry
    Quebec%20city%20glace%20copy%20OM1%20Kodachrome64-L.

From Quebec City sometime in the 1980's (I'd have to get my slides out to verify the exact date.). We had an unforgettable pear sorbet from the store pictured.

• Like Like x 2
  4. phigmov

phigmov FF Regular Subscribing Member

Mar 23, 2015
    Colours are great. I'm sad I missed out on Kodachrome :-(

• Like Like x 3
  5. Kodachrome really made reds pop, witness Charlie's hat in this shot from the early 70s, made with my 35RC. At the time we thought of ASA 64 as fast, at least compared to Kodachrome 25!
    I have trouble getting scans of Kodachrome that I really like. I'm using a PrimeFilm 7200 scanner with Vuescan. This is one of my better efforts; I'm sure there's a perfect combination, I just haven't been able to find it yet.

SlideWeb.

Regards,
    BV

• Like Like x 1