Hello from Maryland

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by xxjorelxx, Apr 9, 2015.

1. xxjorelxx

xxjorelxx FF Rookie

Apr 8, 2015
    MD, USA
    JohnRae
    Just wanted to pop in here and say hi. I'm originally a m4/3 user and have all types of various lenses for that system but my friend recently got me to try shooting film so here I am. I'm currently sporting a 1964 Yashica Minister III rangefinder that belonged to my grandfather and a Olympus OM1 as my film cameras. I'm pretty new to the film photography stuff but I hope to learn a lot in the next few weeks/months/years lol. Hopefully i'll be able to contribute to the forum in the near future but for now, im just taking the slow approach and trying to learn my film gear.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mijo

Mijo FF Regular

Mar 25, 2015
    San Francisco
    Mario
    Welcome! That's nice that you have an old film camera to use that has some family history behind it.

3. RichardB

RichardB Super Moderator

Mar 23, 2015
    Maryland, US
    Howdy from College Park. If you're in the DC area, let me know if you find a place that does one-hour developing. The CVS stores near me just got rid of their minilabs.

4. xxjorelxx

xxjorelxx FF Rookie

Apr 8, 2015
    MD, USA
    JohnRae
    RichardB, I go to a Walgreens in Rockville that does 1hr developing and printing. I've been getting charged roughly $14 a roll. Its the one right by Sevenlocks Rd.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  5. Maktacular

Maktacular New to FF

Apr 13, 2015
    Northern Virginia
    Costco in Pentagon City does 1hr color film processing also. It's about $4-5 a roll with prints. They don't do B&W however.

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1