Showcase Fuji Neopan 100 Acros

Discussion in 'Black and White Film Showcase' started by Jesse_S, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Jesse_S

Jesse_S FF Rookie

Mar 28, 2015
    My favorite Black and White film. Smooth and contrasty.

KoreaRoll1034.
    Busan, South Korea w/Canon Canonet 19

• Like Like x 3
  2. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. FF Regular

Mar 24, 2015
    Larry
    Yes, a really gorgeous film. Nice shot. I'd not have thought of using it at night.

• Like Like x 1
  3. edwardconde

edwardconde FF Regular

Mar 24, 2015
    Edward Conde
    Im shooting my first roll of this film.. I bought 22 rolls on ebay so I have plenty of this!

4. Jesse_S

Jesse_S FF Rookie

Mar 28, 2015
    There's more light in that shot than may be apparent at first because of all the street signs. I think I shot it at 1/60s at f1.9.

Modern films are so forgiving, though, that I routinely shoot 100 iso film in dark situations and get good results, but I'm not as concerned about grain in BW photos as in color and it can make for some excellent dramatic contrasts. With my Canonet I can usually handhold down to 1/30s at 1.9 without camera shake as it's a surprisingly heavy little camera.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jomerads

jomerads FF Rookie

Sep 19, 2015
    John
    I think it is a film best suited for night photography as well as day photography. The reciprocity characteristic of this film is such that you do not need any compensation for 2 minutes and only adding 1/2 a stop for 120 seconds to 1000 seconds. Of course, you would need a tripod. Good to try with a neutral density filter(s); one (or even 2) of those Big stops.

This film is quite precious. A bit expensive in 35 mm compared to the Ilfords and no bulk loading. Great look though. I need to try it in some bigger formats.

Below developed in Ilford Ddx.

John S.

River Rocks.

• Like Like x 4
  6. derelict

derelict New to FF

Jan 27, 2017